A bonus three-fer in this event! A culinary adventure (1) to one of the best American food cities, New Orleans (2), for the (3)! This means you get to eat AND drink your way tbrough NOLA – and what could be better than that?
Mark your calendars and book your plane tickets for July 18-22, 2007 for this year’s Tales of the Cocktail, a culinary and cocktail festival, allows the connoisseur or amateur to fully experience (taste, see and learn about) cocktail culture in New Orleans and around the world. The event’s annual components are Spirited Dinners, a Seminar Series, Cocktail Hour, Cocktail Luncheons, walking tours of the French Quarter, and classic and contemporary cocktail parties -- all presented by the country’s hottest chefs, authors, bartenders and cocktail experts. Tales of the Cocktail has “shaken and stirred” the New Orleans French Quarter since 2003 and celebrates its 5th anniversary in July 2007.
• The 2007 Ministry of Rum Tasting Competition
• New Orleans Original Cocktail Tour
• Lost Ingredients: Obtaining (or making) rare ingredients for even rarer cocktails Presented by Imbibe Magazine
• Drinks and Dishes Born in New Orleans Presented by 86 Recipes, New Orleans Rum and Tabasco
• Tales of the Cocktail Bar Chef Competition Presented by Absolut
• Cocktail Culture Around the World Presented by Barsol Pisco, Boca Loca Cachaca and Bols Liqueurs
The list of authors, mixologists and chefs that will be on hand are too numerous to mention, although you can check them out here.
Tickets are required for Tales of the Cocktail and can be purchased online or by calling 1-888-29909494.